Innovation Marketing Manager
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other brands that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
Serves as the Innovation Marketing Manager within a SCRUM team in our internal innovation start-up team called inQB8, a cross-functional team dedicated to creating new products, packaging, and business models innovation. Reporting to the Director, Marketing Innovation, and part of a team, the Innovation Marketing Manager will help identify consumer needs worth solving and lead the discovery of innovation solutions that are worth scaling up.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Collaborate with the Nature Made Brand team and Key Customer Teams to identify opportunity for Renovation and Innovation to better satisfy current and new consumers in core segments within the Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements category.
- Track emerging trends in the market and recommends timing for the Nature Made brand to enter a new segment.
- Lead all discovery aspects of innovation under the Nature Made® brand, collaborating cross-functionally, providing business leadership, and strategic thinking to create value propositions that will help realize the brand's objectives in the marketplace to:
- Identify addressable consumer target and their needs based on panel and syndicated data as well as primary research
- Plan and conduct Competitive and Trends assessment and Ideation sessions
- Work cross-functionally to identify technology solutions for consumer problems and to develop formulations, forms, and packaging
- Validate and/or iterate on proposed solutions with consumers through consumer research in an Agile environment
- Develop Minimum Viable Products and run in-market experiments
- Collaborate with Finance to establish size of prize and P&L viability
- Works with retailer teams to engage customers in co-creation activities and develop recommendations for channel launches
- Develops recommendations to the internal investment and accelerator steering committees as it relates to additional people and funds to scale an idea
The ideal candidate has an agile, growth mindset in order to develop, test, iterate on ideas and demonstrates the ability to thinking strategically and challenge the norm. You are also able to roll up your sleeves and be scrappy, with bias of learning in real-life rather than creating decks. You are an effective communicator, with strong empathy and interpersonal skills, and sharp problem-solving skills. This person has experience working in a high-performance team of people with very diverse backgrounds.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Proven experience in launching competitive products in the marketplace
- Strong brand development skills, from concept to positioning to launch plans
- Experience pulling and interpreting IRI and/or Nielsen data to make strategic decisions
- Able to navigate data to distill insights; and equally able to use intuition when data is not available
- Demonstrated strong discovery skills particularly in leveraging internal networks to drive innovation strategy
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to develop and sell ideas internally
- Committed to your personal development and in the development of your peers
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Requires a four-year college or university degree or its equivalent; MBA is strongly preferred
- Requires a minimum of 4 years' experience post-MBA or 7 years post college, with a minimum of 3 years in innovation-related roles
- Experience working in a large company with familiarity of navigating across functions
- Experience working in a start-up environment is preferred
- Proven success in creating, developing, and launching innovation in market
- Experience working in Health & Wellness or Personal Care in the consumer-packaged industry is required
- Strong business background and financial acumen
- Vitamin and Supplements, or OTC Pharmaceutical is preferred
- Experience launching products in Traditional Channel and E-commerce is preferred
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.