Materials Planning and Scheduling Manager
San Fernando, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Materials Planning and Scheduling Manager is responsible for evaluating and orchestrating the company's resources (employees, materials, and equipment) to manufacture the #1 selling national vitamin brand. This role includes responsibilities for overseeing a team of eight who ensure we have the materials available and the right sequence of work to deliver on the company's financial commitments, high level of customer service expectation while making the most of the companies resources. The Materials Planning and Scheduling Manager reports to the Site Director.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Brings an enterprise perspective to the facility, works to drive standardization across the dosage forms and sites.
- A leader who defines and aligns team vision and strategy, sets daily, weekly, monthly and annual priorities that maximize business impact.
- Faces new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency champions change develops a plan, recognizes team, delivers complete solutions and holds self and team accountable for results and performance.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who has strong planning and manufacturing expertise. An individual who leverages data to look out over the year and put a plan in place for the facility to deliver on its commitments and mitigate risk. You will be successful if you demonstrate ownership of the space, collaborate well with key business partners, and are committed to building the best team.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- A transformational leader who focuses on driving standardization of work, cross-training of the team and managing performance.
- Establishes daily targets for the operations team, tracks performance and mitigates risks related to delivering the plan.
- Strong analytical rigor capable of taking large datasets and converting them to meaningful and actionable information.
- Experience problem solver who takes a bias for action related to improvements.
- Enterprise perspective that delivers results locally.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4-year college or university degree or it's equivalent in Business or Industrial Management.
- Requires 3-5 years experience in Materials Management and Production Scheduling which includes 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with Planning and Manufacturing Systems (ASCP and JD Edwards preferred).
- Strong analytical skills with expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power BI preferred.
- Willingness to learn about adjacent spaces and find opportunities to collaborate and improve processes.
- Strong influencing skills to manage change and challenge the status quo.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.