Packaging Equipment Operator
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Packaging Equipment Operator sets up, operates, monitors and adjusts equipment to package product and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures, safety rules and good manufacturing processes GMP's. The Packaging Equipment Operator reports to the department Supervisor and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure we package quality vitamins.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- A strong mechanical aptitude and comfortable working to resolve mechanical issues and can perform root cause analysis with training when things go wrong.
- Knowledge and comfort operating a variety of manufacturing packaging equipment in a fast-paced- production line where team efficiency is rewarded.
- Proficient English ability to read and write effectively and communicate with staff, read and understand standard operating procedures, manufacturing instructions and complete required production and cleaning logs
- Working with and understanding data, which tracks line efficiency and down time. With a quality mindset is attentive to detail and maintains accurate logs and records of production activities, ensuring, compliance with standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for quality of own work while adhering to required GMP requirements.
- Understands that efficiency is important and strives to continually improve changeover time which contributes to team efficiency.
- Working knowledge in a manufacturing, packaging or shipping environment is preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, good manufacturing practices "GMP's", packaging standards, batch records, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Confortable with constant change and are self driven.
- High School diploma/GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience.
- Ability to intermittently lift and/or move loads of up to 50 lbs. with the use of pallet jacks and or other mechanical aids. Pulls, push, bends and twits, moving boxes of product to conveyers and pallets. Stands/walks for full work shift. Manual dexterity to operate filling and labeling equipment, operate controls, hand tools to assemble/disassemble parts of equipment. Required to stand and walk up the full shift.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.