Position Title: Set-Up Mechanic (Tableting)
Work Location: Opelika, AL
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Set-Up Mechanic is responsible for cleaning, inspecting machine parts, and assigning with disassembly and assembly of Blending, Compressing, and Coating equipment to ensure productions of quality products in accordance with the set standards. Also responsible for working proficiently in other as (such as weigh-room) as needed.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Assist with disassembly of compressing equipment
- Maintains a wide variety of routine records in logbooks, batch records, and electronic forms.
- Performs any/all of the duties of a Compressing Operator as needed.
- Performs proficiently any/all of the duties of Weigh-room Operator as needed.
- Performs proficiently any/all of the duties of Blending Operator as needed
- Applies Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to charge and yield products.
The ideal candidate creates a culture that strives to increase quality and communication through doing what is right. He/she constantly meets and/or exceeds company goals in the areas of safety, sanitation, and performance
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Previous experience and skills performing changeovers from one product to another to include minor disassembly and cleaning of equipment. Typically, these skills result from one to three years of working experience in similar positions.
- The ability to operate standard cleaning equipment such as parts washers, and hand tools for manual cleaning.
- Ability to safely use different types of cleaning agents.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Requires a minimum high school diploma/GED or 9 years equivalent work experience.
- Basic computer skills to perform job-related transactions and print required reports.
- Strong organizational skills keeping machine parts in order and the department clean.
- Detail oriented to ensure required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Willingness to develop or implement new processes and methods.
- Must obtain Six Sigma White Belt certification if hired.
- Attention to detail.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization. Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.