Position Title: Plant Services Technician (Custodian)
Location: Opelika, AL
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Custodian (Plant Services Technician) is responsible for performing a wide variety of routine cleaning duties to ensure a safe and sanitary work environment.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- This role is critical to our operations as sanitation is a critical to our GMP environment. Responsibilities include:
- Working knowledge of equipment, tools and process associated with general cleaning as well as knowledge of sanitation process in a manufacturing environment.
- You will be responsible for the cleanliness of our state-of-the-art Certified LEED Manufacturing Plant.
- Utilize a bailer to contain trash materials.
- Maintain routine logbooks and work description charts.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety procedures; understands and follows MSDS guidelines on authorized chemicals used in cleaning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
The ideal candidate will have at least three to six months prior janitorial experience, but it is not required.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- High school diploma / GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience.
- A working knowledge of cleaning activities, use of power and manual tools, and cleaning chemicals within 90 days of hire is required.
- Ability to read English sufficiently to understand operating procedures, label instructions for handling chemical cleaners and solvents, and MSDS sheets; ability to speak English to communicate with supervisors and co-workers and receive/follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to write basic English to maintain cleaning logs and work description charts.
- Ability to stand/walk and perform physical labor for a full working shift.
- Pull, push, squat, etc. to accomplish thorough cleaning using hand dollies, pallet jacks, or other mechanical aids as necessary.
- Perform repetitive job duties for much of the time.
- Intermittently lift loads of up to 50 pounds.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
We do not discrimate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.