West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Innovation Consumer Insights Manager will serve as the champion of human-centric insights during the iterative learning process of solution development, leading the concepting and execution of research studies -- qualitative and quantitative consumer and shopper research -- to enable the team to develop consumer-driven solutions. This role is part of a cross-functional Agile SCRUM team dedicated to creating innovation and reports to the Director, Marketing Innovation.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
The ideal candidate has strong ability to distill actionable insights to drive innovation through agile research tools. This person can lead and execute research using divergent platforms in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, while keeping the team connected to current and future trends. The ideal candidate is not only a specialist, but also someone interested in contributing broadly to the innovation strategy development mission of the team.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Serves as the consumer insights leader within the agile innovation team and is a champion of human-driven innovation across the organization. Elevates observations into powerful insights, identifying unmet and/or under-served needs that are prime for innovation.
- Starting from a hypothesis with high uncertainty or ambiguity, responsible for developing a learning plan to support the innovation development with deeper consumer insights.
- Designs, executes and synthesizes qualitative and quantitative consumer research to support iterative learning that leads to foundational understanding of consumer jobs to be done and ultimately product/market fit of solutions.
- Facilitate consumer co-creation, ethnographies and focus groups directly and sometimes with agencies and professional moderators.
- Collaborates with the team in the creation and development of holistic value propositions (concept, product, positioning, financials, go-to-market plan) that meet the needs of the consumer target and that can be sustainable business models.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Curious and passionate about consumer attitudes and behaviors
- Comfortable with agile approaches to research and interested in experimenting with new tools
- Strong interest in health & wellness categories
- Demonstrated ability to identify, articulate and uncover interconnectedness of deep human insights , data-driven insights and marketplace trends
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and managing through ambiguity
- Strong communication, persuasion and influencing skills both laterally and upward
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Wide range of knowledge about qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Four-year college or university degree required. Master's in Business or Market Research preferred
- 4+ years of work experience as a consumer insights professional + Master's degree or 6+ years of work experience without a Master's degree
- 2+ years working on innovation-related projects
- Experience working in a CPG company is preferred. Experience working within the Health & Wellness industry and/or a consumer research agency is a plus.
- Demonstrated skill set for designing and synthesizing consumer qualitative and quantitative research is required
- Strong analytical skills with experience/exposure to syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen)
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.