West Hills, CA (Partially Remote Will Be Considered)
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work for the company that has the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The IP Paralegal is responsible for assisting with protecting the company's intellectual property assets and ensuring freedom to operate including supporting several teams across our business on product launches and marketing programs. This team member also assists internal and external counsel with potential disputes and litigation, responses to governmental authorities, and enforcement, and consumer privacy requests. IP Paralegal reports to Senior Counsel.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Conducts and reviews preliminary and freedom to operate trademark searches; files and maintains U.S. and foreign trademarks with regular tracking of and reporting on trademark maintenance, renewal and filing requirements; supports global trademark prosecution efforts and coordinates with business and marketing teams, specimen collection, and assists with procedures to enforce trademark rights, including initial reviews of conflicts and watch notices and drafting of cease & desist letters.
- Reviews marketing and promotional materials to ensure proper use of trademarks.
- Responds to trademark infringement claims, investigate potential IP infringement, and partners with counsel to pursue enforcement.
- Assists with gathering of information and scheduling of interviews as necessary for filing of patent applications
- Assists counsel in managing subpoenas, potential disputes, discovery, litigation, enforcement matters, regulatory inquiries, summarizing and digesting transcripts, calendaring litigation dates, and coordinating scheduling of depositions.
- Helps manage privacy-related projects and respond to customers' privacy-related inquiries.
- Other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, strategic, and innovative paralegal with extensive experience with trademark and other intellectual property, as well as assisting with litigation. You are able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, demanding work environment, with strong work ethic, passion, and flexibility.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Business acumen and understanding of business pressures and goals
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, time-management, problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated quality of service with strong attention to accuracy and follow-up.
- Strong technical, project management and database skills
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- A four-year college or university degree
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years working experience as a paralegal in a legal environment, with experience in trademark and other intellectual property matters
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to travel less than 10% of time.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist - you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team - to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being - as well as peace of mind. These rewards - plus our new recognition program - ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*