Operational Excellence Specialist (Manufacturing)
San Fernando, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Operational Excellence Specialist is responsible for deploying Lean Systems and eliminating waste as part of Pharmavite's Business Excellence System. This role is both a coach and a facilitator to cross-functional teams in the organization. The Operational Excellence Specialist reports to the Operational Excellence Manager.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Participates in the implementation of chosen Lean tools consistent with the Business Excellence System.
- Analyzes current vs. future state value streams and creates an implementation plan with support from cross-functional team members.
- Facilitates Business Excellence System kaizen events to drive process standardization and simplification.
- Drives the execution (impact, timeline and dependencies) of cross-functional initiatives identified as part of Policy Deployment.
- Trains and develops team members in Lean Systems.
- Identifies and implements dashboards and digital technologies that enhance continuous improvement activities.
The ideal candidate is recognized as a strong advocate of continuous improvement who is a subject matter expert in Lean Systems. You are excited to drive improvements in operations. You are excited to drive improvements in manufacturing operations. You enjoy enrolling different people in continuous improvement regardless of their expertise. You enjoy using data and metrics to drive accountability and results.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to drive improved results without position authority.
- Passion to initiate and lead cross-functional activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the development and execution of a lean culture, vision and purpose.
- Expertise in applying Lean Systems to achieve results in a manufacturing environment.
- Coaching and influencing experience across all levels in the organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4-year college or university degree in engineering, supply chain, or operations management.
- 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- 1-year experience conducting Kaizens and deploying Lean/continuous improvement techniques in a manufacturing setting.
- Lean Systems Green Belt certification preferred. Must become SME Lean Bronze certified within a year in the role.
- Knowledge of dashboard applications (such as PowerBI).
- US Candidates Only
- No Visa Sponsorship Offered
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.