Operational Excellence Site Leader (Logistics)
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Operational Excellence Site Leader is responsible for driving continuous improvement and cost savings for the site. This role is a trusted consultant, facilitator and coach to the site's leadership, peers, and hourly associates. The Operational Excellence Site Leader reports to the Continuous Improvement Sr. Manager.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver:
- Owns site continuous improvement roadmap and culture development with a strong dotted line responsibility to the site director
- Models behavior expected of the team -- creator of vision, purpose, and measurement against perfection; not budgets or historical performance
- Directly leads roll-out and implementation of chosen Lean system based tools consistent with the Pharmavite Operational Excellence System
- Manages and measures work; lays out and executes clear strategies for project & change management
- Leads site cost/inventory/improvement savings --development and adherence to prioritization and tracking
The ideal candidate is recognized as a strong project or program leader who is ready to lead at a higher level. You have a passion for relentless continuous improvement for your site and yourself. You are process oriented and love using data and metrics to drive results. You enjoy working with and motivating others to success -- regardless of reporting lines and are comfortable operating with all levels of employees.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to drive improvement results without position authority
- Initiative to work independently
- Practical leadership experience with Lean Systems Green Belt skills driving to a quantifiable result via Kaizen / Improvement Events
- Experience in development and execution of a lean culture, vision, and purpose
- Excellent coaching / influencing experience with all levels in the organization
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained
the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 5 years post-collegiate work experience minimum
- Logistics and warehouse experience in a strong continuous improvement environment
- Implementation experience of key Lean continuous improvement tools
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects through implementation
- Prefer consumer product goods (CPG) or high-speed, repetitive operations experience
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.