Set Up Mechanic
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of our career opportunities are published and regularly updated on Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Set Up Mechanic is responsible for operating, monitoring and adjusting equipment to manufacture/package product and ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures, safety rules and good manufacturing processes. The Set Up Mechanic reports to the department Supervisor and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure we produce quality vitamins.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Plan changeover schedule for each machine/line to include changeover parts are cleaned and inspected prior to each changeover, review changeover checklist, set-up and start-up each piece of equipment, and support machine/line until steady state operation is achieved.
- Use hand tools, portable power tools and material handling equipment to perform a precision set-up during production line change over.
- Identifies and performs adjustments to improve production during line operation to meet all production requirements, including line speeds, quality, efficiency, daily production output and required change over times, OEE.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment by making regular inspections and completing assigned preventive maintenance work orders.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions in equipment and performs minor repairs.
- Assist senior mechanics in diagnosing problems in order to learn to perform complex repairs.
- Issues maintenance requests for major repairs.
- Communicates with leads and supervisors on schedules and priorities to ensure smooth flow of correct materials into manufacturing and other areas in accordance with production schedules.
- Maintains all required documentation including cleaning logs, maintenance logs and production records.
- Performs all duties in compliance with safety rules, Standard Operating Procedures and current Good manufacturing Practices.
- Assists in the operation of production equipment by performing the duties of a Packaging Line technician and Packaging Line Lead when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable. You are collaborative and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Able to work a 12-hour night shift.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- A working knowledge of the manufacturing/packaging operation, usually resulting from a minimum of one-year experience as a machine operation or set up mechanic.
- Sufficient mechanical aptitude to perform routine repairs, adjustments and precision set-up procedures on machines/equipment.
- The ability to safely work with standard hand tools and portable hands tools.
- Read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate equipment problems, read and understand operating manuals and maintain written records.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take ono new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- High school diploma / GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience.
- Physical ability to reach, push, pull and lift boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Basic arithmetic skills to count/balance numbers of products and perform routine calculations.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspiration. Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.