Innovation Design Manager
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Innovation Design Manager will serve as the lead within an inQB8 SCRUM team, a cross-functional team dedicated to creating innovative (products, packaging, business models). The ideal candidate has experience planning and facilitating Design Thinking sprints, brand and label design in Consumer-Packaged Goods and enjoys the creative and strategic part of design. This individual stretches the thinking of the team, is great at connecting dots and sees opportunities for better engaging with consumers and developing new solutions. This person brings Design Thinking tools and mindset to the team, translating ideas into visual concepts, brand and label design. The Innovation Design Manager reports to Director, Marketing Innovation.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. We know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Responsible for driving business growth through:
- Leading agile teams through the Design Thinking process including problem definition, hypotheses creation, prototyping and human-centered design to deliver innovation
- Partnering with agile cross-functional teams to identify innovation opportunities and bring concepts to life that visually pop at shelf and deliver the desired user experience
- Provide thought leadership that guides the team to explore new ways of generating market/consumer insights, testing ideas and identifying the strongest business models
- Create designs or manage internal/external suppliers to support consumer testing and launch of new products:
- Visual (look-like) and Functional (work-like) prototypes in various degrees of fidelity dependent on the needs of the learning to be done
- 2D digital/physical assets (mockups of visual brand identities, label graphics, websites, apps, etc.) to communicate brand story, advertising and or other collateral materials
- 3D assets in the form of packaging design, environmental design is a plus
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- An agile mindset for developing, testing, iterating, and preference for being scrappy and learning in real-life rather than creating decks
- Ability to apply design thinking and creativity to solving a broad range of problems.
- Experience developing branding / visual designs for consumer products and able to bring ideas to life in prototype stage.
- Demonstrated ability to evangelize and teach design thinking to non-designers.
- Strong discovery skills, particularly experimenting, observing and associating.
- Understanding of front-end innovation of consumer products.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4 years business experience post college, with a minimum of 2 years with design thinking experience
- Experience working in a start-up environment is required (for example, working in a creative team serving start-ups or small companies or working on an agile team inside a large company)
- Working in Health & Wellness is preferred
- Certification in design thinking/user-centric design is preferred
- Requires four-year college or university degree or its equivalent in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Product Design or another related field
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being as well as peace of mind. These rewards plus our new recognition program ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.