HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose - that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Microbiologist I incumbent independently conducts microbiological analyses of bulk products, raw materials, special samples, environmental samples including DI water, potable water, CIP rinse, and air and swab samples according to Pharmavite Standard Methods (PSM) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Microbiologist I, reports to the QC Microbiology Supervisor.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Performs microbiological testing on raw materials, in-process materials, finished products and other samples according to Pharmavite Standard Methods or USP methods, where applicable.
- Performs environmental monitoring testing according to established Standard Operating Procedures and methods, as well as generating trend data from test results.
- Compliant with cGMP and all regulatory guidelines and perform microbial analyses by aseptic techniques.
- Support microbiological test failure investigations (OOS) to determine the root cause for all test failures and communicate with management.
- Responsible for the preparation, standardization and documentation of media and diluent used in microbiological analysis.
The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable. You are collaborative and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with multiple levels of employees and across multiple functions.
- Working knowledge of microbiology techniques, safety and quality and computer systems.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4-year college or university degree or its equivalent in microbiology, biology or related science.
- 0 - 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in Quality or microbiology laboratory is preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills in data entry and processing.
- Ability to conduct mathematical calculations.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist - you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team - to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being - as well as peace of mind. These rewards - plus our new recognition program - ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this