*** NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE ***
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Scientist, R&D is responsible for all aspects of the technical product and process development for all dosage forms. This role effectively utilizes standard best practices and procedures in product and process development. Supports technology advancements, to drive innovation and point of difference for the brands. Interfaces with Marketing, Manufacturing, Technical Operations, Purchasing and other cross-functional areas to accomplish project goals. Scientist, R&D reports Manager, R&D.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Independently provides effective and functional technical support for all dosage form development.
- Develops formulations and processes to support the development of new and novel products and/or optimization of existing products.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of bench-top, pilot, manufacturing scale-up and verification batches with speed and robustness.
- Effectively troubleshoots and solves complex formulation & technical challenges with speed and robustness.
- Interfaces with other operating units within and outside the department. Presents ideas and suggestions for new products, product or process improvements and improved laboratory operations.
The ideal candidate is recognized as a strong technical expert in process and product who is ready to lead at a higher level. You are process oriented and love using data and metrics to inform decisions. At the same time, you enjoy working with complex challenges to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Strong depth of research knowledge and skills with the ability to analyze data.
- Demonstrated experience in robustly developing and commercializing new products in manufacturing.
- Track record in problem solving complex technical issues.
- Familiarity with PLM (Product Life Cycle) preferred
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience in product development in the Nutraceutical or Pharmaceutical industry OR
- Master's degree plus 3 to 8 years relevant experience in product development in the Nutraceutical or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead in a cross-functional team environment especially with Marketing and Operations stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience in product/process development, processing laboratory techniques, regulatory requirements, and a firm foundation in basic sciences.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.