Work Order Planner
San Fernando, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Work Order Planner maintains work orders for detailed production scheduling to meet schedule adherence and attainment goals, considering material availability and optimizing production output to fulfill customer needs. The Work Order Planner reports to the Scheduling and Materials Manager.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Maintain the work orders that support the detailed schedule and coordinate with various departments to support detailed production schedules; work with Production Scheduler and Operations to provide a capacity sensitive direction for utilization of material, labor and machine capacity.
- Manage the flow of goods through the supply chain by coordinating with Material Planner, Quality and Logistics to expedite orders to avoid production delays and meet customer deadlines.
- Managing manufacturing rework orders to reclaim materials from rejected or expired product, report on and track status of rejected and obsolete bulk or raw materials as they move through the facility; ensure that the appropriate materials are attached to the rework orders.
The ideal candidate has experience in planning, logistics or purchasing, an individual who is structured and detailed oriented. You will be successful if you demonstrate ownership and collaborate well with team members.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Data-driven, like to run analysis and use data to drive efficiencies
- A problem solver, who identifies issues as they arise and recommends solutions
- Actively involved in improving processes and results
- Working well structured, organized and detail oriented
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Competency in using Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with ERP Systems (ASCP and JDEdwards preferred).
- Strong analytical skills in using reporting tools
- Willingness to learn and find opportunities to collaborate and improve processes
- Excellent communication skills -- written and verbal
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.