Senior Corporate Communications Specialist
West Hills, CA (open to remote)
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on emerging direct-to-consumer brands backed by the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
The Senior Corporate Communications Specialist will serve as an important business partner in scaling and growing our direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands, Nurish by Nature Made and EQUELLE, by developing and driving public relations and influencer plans. Additionally, you'll help meet our need for digital content and production support for virtual, hybrid and in-person meetings. This person will be a key member of the team that rolls out communications strategies to reach both internal and external audiences, leveraging best practices. The Senior Corporate Communications Specialist reports to the Communications Manager.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Works closely across our DTC brands to drive and implement PR/communications and influencer programs
- Support the development and launch of Pharmavite's women's health business unit through content creation, visual storytelling, influencers and earned media
- Liaises with respective social media teams to identify strategies and tactics for growth and performance. Ensures content aligns with communications priorities, including local CSR/community outreach efforts
- Drafts PR materials while partnering with team to edit for different audiences, including consumers, media, and employees
- Leads the development and execution of content creation strategy, including video, stills, etc. to elevate the company's storytelling, both internally and externally and for Pharmavite's social channels
- Serves as a hybrid meeting producer and content developer for high-profile leadership meetings and celebrations throughout the year and in partnership with the IT Team
- Manages department budget and processes partner/vendor contracts, purchase orders, etc. as needed
The ideal candidate is a storyteller first with a passion for digital media and enjoys using traditional and digital tools to develop and share a captivating message. You can juggle several moving projects and work fluidly with internal cross-functional business partners and external vendors, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Current knowledge of the digital media and consumer media environment and appropriate tools to craft communications strategies. Strong knowledge of consumer and trade media relations a must. Experience supporting a DTC brand is preferred.
- Experience applying best practices in external and internal communication, and in creating brand safe visual content. Interest in, or strong aptitude for, video content creation and editing.
- Demonstrated ability working in a deadline-driven environment handling multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to engage others at all levels of the organization and externally by developing and maintaining effective relationships
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- A BA/BS in communications, journalism or public relations or any combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in public relations and communications experience in a PR agency, in-house or marketing communications role
- Understanding of consumer media and influencer ecosystem
- Previous experience working with DTC health and wellness, VMS or nutrition brands and implementing campaigns targeting diverse, millennial audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills (knowledge of AP style)
- Strong experience in content development and editing ranging from long form copy, video, stills, and more, leveraging design tools
- Strong demonstrated problem solving, priority setting and tactical skills
A positive attitude and the ability to work well as a team player -- no project is too big or too small
- Travel required 5 -- 10% of the time to support various media events, conferences, trade shows, etc. (To be determined post-pandemic)
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.