Manager, Strategic Sourcing Direct
West Hills, CA (Hybrid Onsite/Remote)
US Candidates Only
No Visa Sponsorship Offered
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing Direct is an engaged and inspiring leader with a mastery of managing the function of Direct Sourcing, including raw materials, and packaging components. This role will deliver maximum total value to Pharmavite by delivering the annual operating plan, mitigating inflation risk, leveraging opportunities and ensuring supply, through world class sourcing practices and development of a high performing team. The role will oversee a spend of approximately $200 - $300 million. The Manager will report into the VP, Direct Strategic Sourcing and manages a team of four.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Responsible for delivery of the department budget, annual operating plan, savings pipeline, financial tasks, mitigation of inflation, and ensuring supply, through mid-to-long term strategies and risk management programs.
- Motivational and optimistic leader, capable of building and leading a high performing team through continuous talent development and coaching. Manages, and coaches a team of 4 direct reports. Works with team members to ensure they deliver on their annual operating plan, department and company strategic priorities and objectives.
- Supports the team in building mid to long-term strategies, adopting and leveraging sourcing best/world class practices (Supplier Relationship Management, risk management and negotiation strategies, market analytics/insights, etc.).
- Supports New Product Development (NPD) and Contract Manufacturing initiatives.
- Understands how to utilize digital technology, including implementing automated processes to reduce tactical and transactional activities, dashboarding/metrics to measure and manage results.
- Collaborates with cross-functional colleagues (Resource Center, NPD, Finance, Tech Ops, Planning, Quality, etc.) to deliver on annual operating plan, strategic priorities and mitigate risk, supply and financial issues.
- Works with Finance to optimize total delivered cost, provide accurate and timely financial reporting and forecasting, along with financial risk and opportunity assessments.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience leading and transforming high performing cross-functional teams and collaborating with internal and external customers to achieve Pharmavite's objectives. You have a passion for developing talent and organizations that have a learning and continuous improvement mindset.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated history of delivering results through advanced strategic sourcing best practices.
- Ability to think through complex problems using analysis from multiple sources and compiling information into a clear framework and recommendation.
- Strong influence skills at all levels of the organization and supply base.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, changing situations and priorities.
- Understand the Procedure to Pay (P2P) transactional process
- Experience with building legal contracts and partnering with Legal to execute agreements
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- A four-year college or university degree
- 10+ years of work experience including at least 7 years of experience in sourcing ingredients and/or packaging components
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Project.
- Experience with leveraging COE and Resource Center models (analytics, market Intel, risk management, optimization best practices and talent development).
- Project management experience leading complex initiatives across the organization
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with commodity management, forecasting and financial modeling.
- CPSM or CSCP certification required; APICS certification preferred
- Ability to travel International and domestic 10 -- 20 percent of time
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.