***US Candidates Only***
***No Visa Sponsorship Offered***
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Chem II is responsible for providing technical support for method development and validation as well as routine analytical testing of samples related to Product Development. The Chem II reports to Analytical Services Manager.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Performs testing by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC), Inductively Coupled Plasma - Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES), Inductively Coupled Plasma -- Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), Gas Chromatography (GC), Raman Spectrometry and other instrumentation.
- Review documentation for completeness prior to submitting to scientists, managers, or other laboratory personnel. Makes limited operational decisions regarding sample analysis and related activities.
- Performs method verification and validations with various products independently. Reviews and evaluate the validity of test results and procedures. Works collaborate with R&D, Analytical Services, and Quality Control to develop methods for new product and stability samples.
- Ensures all lab activities follow Good Lab Practice (GLP) / Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines.
- Offers guidance and training to less experienced chemists as required. Updates existing methods or control records to meet current requirements or technology.
The ideal candidate has strong knowledge in analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and varieties of analytical instrument operation. This individual will demonstrate good communication skills to work with internal and external colleagues cross-functionally and has the ability to train and provide guidance to junior chemists in the analytical services group.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Knowledge of chemistry practice and theory including methods validation and use of laboratory equipment such as HPLC, GC, ICP, UV, FTIR, and dissolution tester. Some knowledge of conventional laboratory characterization techniques such as LC-MS, GC-MS, Raman Spectrometry, and NMR.
- Hands-on proficiency with analytical methods and instrumentation.
- Ability to lead effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of Good Lab Practice (GLP) / Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and applicable FDA and International Council for Harmonisation (ICH) guidelines.
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or it's equivalent in Chemistry, Biology, or related science.
- 4 years of related laboratory experience in a laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with USP and other compendial methods preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of PLC, LIMS, and computer skills preferred.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.