HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Production Operator is responsible for operating, monitoring, cleaning, and adjusting equipment to assist with manufacturing of Tablets and Softgel vitamins, and other steps along the production line, ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures, safety rules and good manufacturing processes. While the exact duties may vary from assigned area, including handling heavy machinery such as forklifts. The Production Operator reports to the Production Supervisor, and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure we produce quality vitamins.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Receives, weighs, and subdivides raw materials in strict accordance with manufacturing procedures; loads into automatic equipment and makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper mix of ingredients, monitors process including appropriate temperatures.
- Troubleshoots any equipment/process problems and resolves as quickly as possible.
- Performs changeover from one product or batch to another; disassembles and cleans equipment; reassembles equipment for next batch.
- Maintains required logs and other records accurately and completely. Uses computer to enter data.
- Operates drum lifter, forklift and/or pallet jack to transport raw materials or finished product, and scales to weigh bulk materials when necessary.
- Performs all duties in compliance with cGMP's, SOP's, JIs, and safety and quality procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable. You are collaborative and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Able to work a 12-hour shift, and weekends.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Working knowledge in a manufacturing, packaging, or shipping environment is preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively communicate; read, write, and perform basic math skills in English
- Ability to work in team-environment
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take ono new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- High school diploma / GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience.
- Some roles may require obtaining Forklift certification within three months with on-the-job-training.
- Ability to manipulate controls, disassemble/assemble equipment using a variety of hand tools.
- Stand/walk for majority of shift and push/pull/lift large containers weighing up to 50 pounds using hand dollies, pallet jacks, or other mechanical aids as necessary.
- Perform repetitive job duties for long periods of time.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspiration. Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our purpose and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.