HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Gummies Kitchen Operator (DAYS 12 Hr Shift)
Is responsible for complete operation of Gummy kitchen/dosing equipment and HMI controls to ensure smooth, efficient manufacturing of gummies that meet specific quality standards. Responsible for making batches of Gummy vitamins per formulation and insuring product meets quality and food safety guidelines.
- Ensures raw materials are correct and transfer to kitchen machinery in accordance with specific recipes and batch records and operating procedures.
- Possesses knowledge of the sanitation and safety requirements for food processing, handling, and storage in manufacturing of Gummy products. Responsible for CIP operation throughout all equipment used in the process to manufacture Gummy products.
- Possesses knowledge of the methods, procedures, for receiving, handling, storing, and inventorying of raw materials for processing in the manufacturing of Gummy’s.
- Operates equipment control panels/touch screen systems (HMI) to ensure efficient equipment operation, makes real time corrections to the process as required. Includes the cooking process, monitoring all process equipment across multiple skids of equipment.
- Visually inspects products, performs critical process control checks throughout the operation of the kitchen operation.
- Assists in developing efficient methods and procedures for producing products utilizing the equipment and personnel available to meet established timelines.
- Uses hand tools to adjust equipment controls and operating parts as appropriate to product. Ability to operate Material Handling equipment, electric hand trucks, little joe walkie pallet lifts, hoist, and other equipment as needed.
- Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of products to process.
- Troubleshoots any equipment/process problems and resolves as quickly as possible.
- Performs changeovers from one product or batch to another; disassembles equipment and cleans according to procedures; reassembles and makes ready for next batch; works with tooling/set-ups as needed. Understand the interface between the Gummy Kitchen operation and the Mogul operation. Support Mogul operation as needed.
- Conducts hourly quality checks on colors, flavors, weight, appearance, pH, BRIX, and temperatures.
- Maintains Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point standards of sanitation and safety, food preparation, storage, kitchen equipment, and physical Gummy plant.
- Lifts containers of in-process, raw, finished, or waste products and transports within department as necessary.
- Maintains required logs, reports and other records accurately and completely. Uses computer to enter data.
- Performs all duties in compliance with safety rules, standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
Working knowledge of the gummy manufacturing process, typically resulting from a minimum of one year experience in related jobs (e.g., gummy, candy or confectionary manufacturing) is preferred.
- Fluent English skills to read/understand written instructions, and other information; to maintain routine written records, and to communicate problems effectively to supervisors.
- Accurate arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, division) to calculate weights, fills, etc.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate controls, disassemble/assemble equipment using a variety of hand tools.
- Physical ability to stand/walk for much of work shift, and push/pull/lift large containers weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and fix equipment malfunctions, read/understand gauges/controls/touch screen logic.
- Physical ability to discern varieties of color, weights, flavor, and general appearance of gummy product.
- Stand/walk for most of the work shift. Perform repetitive job duties that require constant attention to manufacturing process. Periodically push/pull containers weighing up to 500 pounds and lift containers up to 50 pounds. Adjust to distractions and interruptions and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire. Pharmavite provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals who are employees or applicants for employment, in accordance with applicable law. For Alabama: vaxexemption.alabama.gov/Data/OrginalForm.pdf
JOB ALERT FRAUD:
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of our career opportunities are regularly published and updated on Pharmavite.com’s Careers section.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to: firstname.lastname@example.org.