HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
Value Stream Manager
New Albany, Ohio
The Operations Manager -Value Stream Manager (VSM) is the architect of the value stream, identifying value as defined from the customer’s perspective and leading the effort to achieve an ever- shortening value-creating flow. The Value Stream Manager (VSM) ensures customer satisfaction by leading cross functional teams to execute the Annual Operating Plan for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory, and Growth of the business and team members. The VSM is accountable for the long-term financial performance of the Value Stream by ensuring alignment to business needs and growth, establishing future state strategic vision, and developing and executing continuous improvement roadmaps.
Critical contribution this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Owns, develops, and drives the continuous improvement roadmap and implementation plan to achieve operational objectives and future state vision.
- Champions kaizen events with a focus on continuous improvement and productivity initiatives; supports lean initiatives by leading/facilitating kaizen events.
- Develops associates to reach their maximum potential and build a highly skilled, highly regarded and highly motivated customer focused team.
- Participates in budget preparation and long-range capital planning.
- Summarizes results and prepares presentations for leadership and customer review.
- Major accountabilities include associate safety, product quality, on-time delivery, financial results (operational costs), and growth planning.
- Aligns with the corporate vision and develops departmental and employee performance objectives that support company strategic goals.
- Works closely with other functions of the business such as Planning, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Operations Excellence, to provide guidance and direction for the individuals from these functions assigned to support the value stream.
- Takes a leadership role in ensuring quality is a priority and continuously strives to improve our systems, processes, and compliance.
- Leads by example through our Operating Values and is highly visible on the manufacturing floor and in touch with the pulse of the operation across all shifts. Views the managerial role as supporting employees to enable them to do their jobs better.
Critical Success Factors
You’ll be most successful is role if you have::
- Working knowledge and advanced training in Lean manufacturing concepts and techniques
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a rapidly changing, intense, and demanding environment.
- Outstanding Excel skills along with proficiency in Word and PowerPoint. Power BI skills are a plus.
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Exceptional leadership skills including ability to drive improvements/results across departments.
- Strong Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Analytical, fact-based problem solver
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- High degree of attention to detail; strong sense of urgency
- Stress tolerant in a fast paced, result oriented manufacturing environment
Capabilities and Skills Required
In order to take on these challenges, you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing / Technology, or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
- Six Sigma and or Lean/Continuous Improvement experience & certification preferred.
- Obtain internal Lean Green Belt certification and Kata coach within one year of employment.
- Requires ten years of experience in manufacturing and maintenance organization required. Assigned dosage form experience preferred, including a minimum of five years managerial experience.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Annual Pay Range$104,200.00 - $171,900.00
This represents the minimum and maximum base salary range for this role, plus annual incentive. Various elements are used to determine a candidate’s starting salary such as job experience, specific skills, and comparison to internal incumbents currently in the role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance with state and local laws.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
JOB ALERT FRAUD:
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of our career opportunities are regularly published and updated on Pharmavite.com’s Careers section.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to: firstname.lastname@example.org.